|Title of the article
RESTRAINT ON PROPERTY RIGHTS TO COUNTERACT AGAINST TERRORISM
(DEMOLITION OF HOUSES OF TERRORISTS FAMILY MEMBERS)
Romanovskaya Ol'ga Valentinovna, Doctor of juridical sciences, professor, head of sub-department of state-legal disciplines, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Bezrukova Olesya Vladimirovna, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of criminal law, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Terrorist acts pose a serious threat to the interests of society, the state, the individual. In order to prevent them, various countermeasures are tested in different countries, one of which is the restriction of the property rights of close rela- tives of the terrorist. In the Russian legislation it is proposed (following the example of Israel) to introduce such a measure as the demolition of a dwelling house owned by a terrorist or his close relatives. The research goal – to study the legislation of Israel, the practice of its application, concerning the right of military administration to demolish the houses of terrorists, to use the findings obtained when assessing Russian legal acts.
Materials and methods. The realization of the research tasks was achieved on the basis of an analysis of the existing normative acts of Israel and Russia, clarification of their meaning, specific forms and methods of restrictions on property rights established to combat terror. As methods of research, the method of analysis of regulatory legal regulation, formal legal and comparative legal methods was used.
Results. Specific features of the legal regulation of the demolition of terrorist houses in Israel are highlighted. The powers of law enforcement agencies in this sphere have been determined. Rules for compensation of damage as a result of the terrorist act, stipulated by the Federal Law “On Counteracting Terrorism”.
Conclusions. It is stressed that Russian legislation is declarative in terms of compensation for harm to victims of terrorist acts. There is no real mechanism for collecting money, income, valuables owned by close relatives of persons who committed terrorist acts.
human rights, property rights, demolition of houses, family member, restraint, terrorism, Israel
|| Download PDF
1. Kapitonova E. A., Romanovskiy G. B. Sovremennyy terrorizm [Modern terrorism]. Moscow: Yurlitinform, 2015, 216 p.
2. Ministerstvo vnutrennikh del RF: ofitsial'nyy sayt [The Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation: official website]. Available at: http://mvd.ru/presscenter/ statistics/reports/item/804701
3. Romanovskiy G. B. Rossiyskiy zhurnal pravovykh issledovaniy [Russian journal of legal research]. 2016, no. 1, pp. 65–72.
4. Stern J. Terror in the Name of God. Why Religious Militans Kill. New York: Harper Collins Publishers, 2003.
5. Hilton I. The New York Times. 2003, 16 Nov. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/ 2003/11/16/books/everybody-hates-somebody-somewhere.html
6. Available at: http://www.inn.co.il/News/News.aspx/311054
7. Gel'man Z. Nezavisimoe voennoe obozrenie [Independent military review]. 2015, 27 Febr. Available at: http://nvo.ng.ru/armament/2015-02-27/1_smertnik.html
8. Available at: http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3650644,00.html
9. Available at: http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4733328,00.html
10. Available at: http://www.kikar.co.il/222993.html
11. Available at: https://www.idi.org.il/parliaments/9034/9180
12. Nagib Ali Seyf. Souchastie v prestuplenii po ugolovnomu pravu arabskikh stran: avtoref. dis. kand. yurid. nauk [Criminal complicity in the criminal law of Arab countries: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of juridical sciences]. Moscow, 1996, 23 p.
13. Available at: http://pantheon.hrw.org/legacy/press/2002/10/gaza1024.htm
14. Available at: https://rtvi.com/news/1118?setregion=43306
15. Available at: http://www.rbc.ru/politics/21/12/2014/5496bea19a7947e80204b517
16. Petrov I. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2015, 15 Jan.
17. Available at: http://www.interfax.ru/russia/559167
18. Vorontsov A. A., Parfenova M. V. Zakonnost' [Legitimacy]. 2014, no. 3, pp. 47–50.